last modified: 18th of August 2021
fortrabbit is a self-service hosting platform for PHP developers. Comprehensive documentation is included. There are still always questions. We are here to help. Here is our official support policy.
- Answering general questions about the platform
- Providing pointers to documentation
- Troubleshooting access
- Helping with deployment
- Guiding DNS setup
- Assisting with configuration
- Helping with installing software
- Identifying application problems
- Providing workarounds or resolutions for known problems
- Answering general how-to questions and best practices
- Replying to billing related questions
- Recommending site architecture
Not covered with support
- Debugging client application code
- Troubleshooting slow MySQL queries
- Setting up local development
- General performance tuning
- Modifying or patching client software
- General coding questions
- Training in Git
Technically, fortrabbit staff is able to view and even edit all uploaded files and databases. Our aim is to be involved as little as possible. There is an internal policy for that. In many support cases knowledge about configuration or code is essential to find a solution. Where possible and acceptable we will ask for permission to look into your code upfront. In other security related cases, for instance fighting phishing attempts, it is required that we examine code pro-actively.
Technical support is available through the web based client support system which can be found on all fortrabbit web properties.
Support inquiries may be submitted at any time.
Every support request will be answered. The main support time frame is bound to our general office hours, Berlin. Monday — Friday, 09:00 — 17:00, excluding public holidays.
The fortrabbit platform is monitored 24/7 by comprehensive automated systems. On-call schedules and escalation policies for technical support are in place.
We will respond swiftly to diagnose and correct platform incidents. In the event of a bigger issue, a notice will be posted on the status site at status.fortrabbit.com.